Sunday, March 29, 2009

Diamond

A friend of mine just got her bonus. And it's on her birthday. So we walked into this jewellery shop which proclaimed with it's many signboards and banners that Diamonds are on Sale!

Me - just to admire the Diamonds and she - to really buy one!

We were 'dressed-down'. I was in my old 3-quarters pants and a Tee. She was in baggy shorts and shirt. Well, we certainly don't look like we could afford decent clothes, let alone Diamonds! The sales-people there took one look at us, made a face and turned away - all except this young lady, May. The smile on her face was as cheerful as a May-sunshine.

She quickly took out a small solitaire and showed it to me. I took it, put it on my finger and admire it. My friend continued to browse. I couldn't help noticing the looks of disapproval some of the other sales-persons were shooting towards May.

When my friend pointed at a ring she was interested in, May became very animated, expounding on the quality of the diamond and my friend's good taste. In the end, she sold a 0.5carat diamond to my friend!

While the diamond was being mounted, I asked May outright if she thought she would made a sale from us - judging from the way we were dressed. She admitted that she thought we were just 'window-shoppers', but she has also learnt not to judge and to serve everyone the same. If she doesn't make a sale, it's OK, she did her part. If she does make a sale - GREAT!

I commented that her colleagues don't seem to think the same. She laughed and replied "Yar, that's why I make more money than them!"

What a great attitude!

When we stop judging people on whether they would want or afford the opportunity we are offering, we will also start to make more money!

www.fitline-asiaworld.com

No comments:

Post a Comment