Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why be Rich?

"Be satisfied with what you have."
"Money doesn't buy Happiness."
"Rich People are bad."
"Rich people get ther money from poor people."
"Money isn’t everything.”
"Don't be so money-minded!"
etc etc etc

Sounds familiar?

I am satisfied with whatever I have, but I am not satisfied that I am limited in my resources to help the less fortunate. Being Rich will change that.

Money does buy Happiness. Go visit an orphanage or some refugees on Christmas Day and you'll see that the presents and presence that is obtained through Money does buy Happiness for these people.

Rich people are not Bad! They don't get their money from poor people. There mght be a few rotten apples, but the majority of the Rich people get their money from hard work and smart investments. And Rich people gave the most when it matters - the Tsunami Fund, The Katrina, Gaza, etc. Check out Gates, Rockefeller, Carnegie etc

Yes, money isn't everything, but money can give you a lot of options in life. Just think: You'll not have to make bad decisions in life, eg: staying in a job you hate because you feel you have no choice.

So, why do I want to be Rich?

Not just for the money, and the personal comfort of house, cars, jewels, clothes and food.

But for the many lives I could change,
The many stomachs I could fill
The many minds I could educate
The many families I could shelter
The many diseases I could help find a cure

Sure I can do some good even when I am not rich. But being Poor has never been fun. Being Rich has and will always be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment